wind turbine kit,
blood type test,
Abeka Science 9 Supply Kit
Get the lab materials you need for for doing the experiments in A Beka 9, Science of Matter and Energy, in one convenient kit. 84 items. You save 10%!
A balance is optional if you estimate quantities. We recommend one from our scales and balances category.
Shipping Note: This item contains regulated chemicals and only ships Economy or Ground to a street address in the 50 US states.
This kit includes the following items (download the kit order form to order individual or optional items):
- Acetate sheet, 8x11
- Alcohol lamp, wickless
- Alligator clip leads, 2/pack
- Balloon, long, 10"
- Balloons, medium, 9"
- Bar magnet, 1 ceramic, 2/pk
- Bar magnet, 3 Alnico I, 2/pk
- Battery holder and joiner, for D cell
- Battery, 6 volt, alkaline
- Battery, D-size, heavy duty, 2/pack
- Beaker, glass, 1000 ml, HST
- Beaker, glass, 250 ml, HST
- Bimetallic bar, with handle
- Bottle, 250 ml/8oz., natural HDPE plastic
- Bulb holder
- Bulb, screw base, 1.5-volt
- Calcium carbonate, chips, 30 g
- Candle, 4" white
- Cardboard tube, 1-1/2 X 15
- Clamp, burette
- Compass, magnetic, 1-1/2 diameter
- Copper II (cupric) sulfate, 30 g
- Copper, metal electrode, 4"
- Demonstration Balance
- Denatured Ethyl Alcohol Fuel, 500 ml
- Density cylinders, set of 4
- File, half-round
- Filter paper, 11 cm, 10 sheets
- Flask, Boiling, 500 ml
- Food Coloring, 4 colors
- Friction block, wood
- Funnel, glass, 75 mm diameter
- Grad. cylinder, poly, 25 ml
- Grad. cylinder, poly, 250 ml
- Hall's Cart
- Hydrochloric acid, 30 ml
- Iron metal filings, 30 g
- Lab apron, deluxe
- Light Experiment Kit
- Litmus paper, blue, 100 strips
- Litmus paper, red, 100 strips
- Magdeburg Hemispheres
- Magnifier, double lens, 5X/10X
- Manganese dioxide, 15 g
- Multimeter, Digital
- Nail, 16D, bright box
- Paper clips, small, 100/box
- Petri dish, plastic, 3
- pH papers, 1-14 range, 80/pack
- Pipet (medicine dropper)
- Prism, glass, 25 mm x 75mm
- Pulley with table clamp
- Ramp, economy (wood)
- Ring support stand, 4"x6" base, 18" rod
- Ring support, 4" diameter
- Rubber stopper, #1, solid
- Rubber stopper, #6.5, solid
- Rubber stopper, #0, 1-hole
- Ruler, 30 cm
- Safety gloves, size 9-9.5 large
- Safety goggles, full-size, splash style
- Sandpaper, 1 sheet medium grit
- Sodium hydroxide, 30 g
- Spatula, stainless steel, 15 cm
- Spring scale, 1000 g/10 Newton
- Stirring rod, glass, 10" long
- Stop watch, digital, 2 case
- Straws, clear plastic
- String, heavy cord, 25 ft
- Switch, knife type, SPST
- Talc, 30 g
- Tape measure, steel, 3 meters
- Test tube brush, small
- Test tube clamp
- Test tubes, large 16x150 mm
- Thermometer, Celsius, 12"
- Tongs, crucible
- Triangle, clay, 2" pipe-stems
- Tube, 5 mm glass, 12" long
- Tube, 20 mm glass, 24" long
- Tuning fork, C, 512 cps
- Wire gauze, ceramic center, 5" square
- Wire, enamel magnet, #28, 4 ounce
- Wooden splints, 20 pack
While our kits conveniently contain most of the items you'll need to complete the labs, they do not include some common household items or more expensive items like microscopes and live cultures. Please see the kit order form for items you might wish to order separately.
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Tuesday, April 03, 2012Wonder Time Saver!Reviewed By: Suzanne Jarrell
I was in desperate need of my order to arrive fast; and it did! Their customer service is awesome. The kit has almost everything you need. Yes - you will need some other items, you are warned of that. The items you need are not a big deal. Okay, I have to be honest, I did look to see if I could save some money by buying everything separately. I found that some items were cheaper and some were way higher, and some I just couldn't find! So it just wasn't worth the headache of the run-around or internet searching....when I had this great ONE STOP SHOP!!!...seriously!!! I am VERY happy with my purchase. And I will be back to buy next years too!!
- Tuesday, December 20, 2011Needs more organization for money paidReviewed By: Kathleen
I am very frustrated with this kit. I paid a lot of money so I would have all the supplies ready to go. There are additional items that I should have purchased separately; but they are not organized in an easy way to figure out what to buy. It means buying the kit; waiting for it to come; then spending hours to look through the Abeka lab workbook/watch the Abeka CD in order to understand my true supply needs; rework the invoice list; and then re-order everything that didn't come with the kit in the first place. (Needless to say; that didn't happen.) I feel if I am going to spend this much money for someone else to do the organzing for me; I shouldn't have to spend MORE time organizing it myself; or placing a second order to get the extra necessary items. Someone at this company should spend the time to organize an easy to follow list; and a link for it should be published on this site so that people like me can order all things in one sitting. For lab 2A; I would have liked to purchase a second set of supplies to do the lab concurrently; but I didn't know I would need them until it was too late to order and receive them in time. I don't have time to do that lab once; wait for everything to cool down; wash; and restart the lab. That lab didn't happen. Today my son needs to do lab 7A and we need manganese dioxide; which is neither available in my home; locally in any shop in the very large metropolis in which I live; nor expensive through this site. Why didn't it come with the kit? (We could spend a couple hours researching how and obtaining it by taking apart a dry cell.) But we will have to wait too many days to get the materials; at which point the lab is pointless.
[Home Science Tools adds: You can find complete curriculum kit order forms on each curriculum kit product page (see above) as well as under the Order Forms link to the left. These forms list all materials, including regulated chemicals and those required to perform optional labs.
- Wednesday, June 29, 2011Excellent PackageReviewed By: Shona B.
This kit is amazing. It has everything we needed. We had to purchase some additional items but the prices were very affordable. I would highly recommend this for anyone who plans to teach Abeka Physical Science.
- Friday, August 27, 2010Love the Kits!Reviewed By: Paula
I have bought the kits for our Abeka curriculum for 2-3 years now and will continue to do so. It really has helped having everything at hand in one area to get our experiments going! I am very pleased with each of the kits I have bought...and the kids get so excited about their science for the year. With a 9th grader it has really helped as he has become more independent, he does not have to wait for me to get started. He knows where to get all the supplies to get started with ease.
- Wednesday, August 20, 2008What a time saver!!!Reviewed By: Tranette Stevens
This whole website is a time and money saver!! What a relief!! I was about to spend hours finding all of the items on my list when I stumbled across this website. My 9th grader was not looking forward to science this year until we unpacked the boxes from the Abeka Science 9 Supply Kit. Now, he can't wait!Read More Reviews