You have millions of bacteria living on your skin! While some are harmless, others can cause illness. It's often said that one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of illness is washing hands with soap and water - is this really true? Use this complete bacteria project kit to find out. With the included materials and instructions, you'll grow bacteria from your hands and test the effectiveness of three different types of soap. Includes agar, petri dishes, sterile swabs, and more. You provide the soap samples. Ages 10 & up.
Bacteria Hand Washing Experiment Kit Contents
Nutrient agar, 125ml
10 petri dishes
10 sterile swabs
Watch our video for an overview of growing bacteria:
- Wednesday, February 06, 2013 Squeaky clean kit ! Reviewed By: Lisa A. Ordered kit in Jan 2013. Received promptly. Kit was just as described and worked perfectly for our introductory Science Fair project. Would definitely recommend.
- Sunday, November 18, 2012 Great science kit Reviewed By: Sharon Baloue We received this kit as part of my son's Greg Landry Academy Pre-Biology course. Everything was included which allowed my son to successfully complete his required science experiment. This kit is totally complete with very clear instructions. Highly recommended.
- Friday, November 02, 2012 Excellent Learning Product Reviewed By: Marshall Maciuk Excellent learning product all in one box. The Bacteria Hand Washing Experiment Kit is all you require including instructions in one box. Product was well packed and delivery was very quick. I will be ordering other products from Home Science Tools. Excellent customer service and delivery. Thank You.
- Thursday, February 09, 2012 Excellent Value Reviewed By: Julia We ordered this kit for my 10 year old son to use in the science fair. Not only did it arrive quickly but It had EVERYTHING he needed with easy to follow instructions! He was able to prepare the dishes and conduct the experiment on his own (with supervision) which added to his confidence as well! THANKS!!!
- Sunday, April 17, 2011 Easy and successful Reviewed By: Dan I ordered this kit after browsing other websites...this kit came with everything we needed at a great price ... Arrived a day earlier than expected ... Was easy to use ... Overall a success for the science fair... Satisfied
- Monday, November 08, 2010 Very neat kit to do! Reviewed By: Tina When we got the kit in the mail (which took no time at all) we went right to work and with the directions and equipment that was in the box, the project was a huge success. Both my daughter and son loved it!
- Tuesday, October 26, 2010 Bacteria Hand Washing Kit Reviewed By: Deb We ordered this kit on a Monday and received by the end of the week, just in time for my daughter to begin her experiment. This kit comes with everything you need along with easy to follow instructions. My 14 year old daughter was able to make the petri dishes required and to take the bacteria samples. Overall we are very satisified with this product and would recommend it to others.
- Wednesday, September 29, 2010 Everything you need in one kit Reviewed By: Tanya The bacteria and hand washing kit comes with everything you need to conduct a scientific experiment with the scientific method. The directions are very easy to understand.
- Tuesday, May 25, 2010 Good kit Reviewed By: Kimber MacGibbon Kit contains a good amount of materials to culture bacteria. Agar is good - just don't heat it too long or it will explode.