Biology - Companion CD
This is the multimedia companion to Apologia's Exploring Creation with Biology.
It contains all of the add-ons from the Biology CD-ROM course, but does not include the text. This is the perfect supplement for those who are using a print textbook but also want the extras that can be found on the CD-ROM. It's also great for the student who does not own a microscope, as microscopic videos are included. 2nd ed.
Examples of multimedia content on this CD:
- Animation: Louis Pasteur's experiment - moving diagram demonstrating the methods and results of a famous Pasteur experiment.
- Pronunciation: Vacuole - 1-second clip of a voice saying "Vack-ew-ole."
- Movie: Fermentation - short film describing the cellular fermentation process at a microscopic level.
Note: Requires a PC computer with sound card, speakers, and a printer, running Windows 95/NT or higher. Requires Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher (provided on the CD). We recommend at least a Pentium 100 processor with 16Mb of RAM.
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Tuesday, September 16, 2008Very HelpfulReviewed By: Cara
This CD really helps bring to life the material taught in the text.
- Monday, September 15, 2008Must Have!Reviewed By: Suzanne L
This CD was a great compliment to an already wonderful course. My daughter loved being able to hear how certain words were to be pronounced and watching the video clips. Definitely rounded out this course. We love it!
- Monday, August 25, 2008A must haveReviewed By: mom2us
This is our second year using Apologia and it is great. The companion CD is a must have. It really brings the book to life. It helps so much to have the difficult words pronouced. Thanks so much to Home Science Tools for providing a home school with the tools to teach such an intresting subject at a resonable price. If you have not tried Apologia you don't know what you are missing. It makes science FUN!
- Thursday, August 21, 2008Biology Companion CD - ApologiaReviewed By: Julie
This is an excellent product which really enhances the textbook. Well worth purchasing!
- Tuesday, September 05, 2006Super!
This is our first year using Apologia, plus our first year using a curriculum on CD. We are loving it! Everything is presented in a very clear and understandable manner. There are helpful video clips. Most helpful to us have been the "audio pronunciations." We'd highly recommend the Apologia Biology CD.