Take a close-up look at these specimens to make your biology studies come alive. The microscope slides in this set include the plant, animal, and anatomy specimens most commonly studied in high school. Contains 25 high-quality glass slides in a plastic storage box. You save 54%! Ages 12 & up.
A note about slide quality: The microscope slides in this set are hand-prepared by experts, providing you with specimens that are carefully sliced, dyed, and arranged on the slide to give you an optimum view. We work directly with the factory to import these slides, so you'll save a significant amount off the normal retail value.
Watch our video to learn more about our prepared slide sets and see samples:
The following biology microscope slides are included in this set:
Allium (onion) root tip, l.s.
Amoeba proteus, w.m.
Ascaris (Roundworm) mitosis, sec.
Bacteria, three types (coccus, rod, spiral), smear
Diatoms, marine, w.m.
Fern Life History, four specimens (rhizome c.s., leaflet with sori
c.s., prothallium with antheridia w.m., and prothallium with sporophyte
Ficus (dicot) leaf, c.s.
Frog blood, smear
Frog ovary, c.s.
Frog sperm, smear
Human blood, Wright's stain, smear
Human skin with hair follicle, section
Moss Life History, four specimens (male and female heads l.s.,
sporophyte l.s., and protonema w.m.)
Muscle, three types (striated, smooth, cardiac), section
Neuron, motor, smear
Paramecium, conjugation, w.m.
Paramecium, fission, w.m.
Planaria (flatworm), w.m.
Ranunculus (Buttercup) roots (young and mature), c.s
Sort Reviews:Newest | Oldest | Highest Rating | Lowest Rating - Friday, March 29, 2013 I can see everthing! Reviewed By: Barbara George All the slides were great. The discrition my daughters gave of the cells were spot on.
- Tuesday, February 05, 2013 biology slides Reviewed By: Kimberly Everything is as the description says. All my children enjoy looking at these through the microscope.
- Saturday, December 29, 2012 Great! Reviewed By: Bill Daughtridge My 8 year-old son loved what he saw through his microscope from the very first slide in this set!
- Thursday, December 20, 2012 Microscope slides for biology Reviewed By: Toni Slowinski very nice set of slides. we are using these for apologia biology. Shipping was also incredibly fast. Thanks so much.
- Saturday, November 17, 2012 Really well done Reviewed By: Terri Walkowicz I am really thankful these slides are available at a reasonable price. We had a delay in our homeschool approval process, which involved $$ spent on public school supplies & homeschool supplies/curriculum. The time delay & xtra $$ spent. I was able to keep my children on schedule with these ready to go slides! Thank you
- Friday, November 02, 2012 Good quality slides! Reviewed By: K K This is a good slide set. We bought it for our middle school child. Even though each individual side was neatly labeled and the slots were numbered, it would have been nice if the list of slides were provided along with the set or pasted inside the box.
- Sunday, January 29, 2012 Nice! Reviewed By: Nick Wilhoit A nice set of slides. I bought it for my daughter to go with a microscope for Christmas. The quality of the slides are good; the onion root tip slide is great for showing mitosis. A good value overall.
- Tuesday, November 08, 2011 Excellent Quality Reviewed By: Beth Boehm Beautiful slides. Includes a very broad sprectrum of specimens for a high school biology student (and a curious mom). I do wish there was a corresponding list inside the cover to aide in finding the slide you're looking for.
- Saturday, January 09, 2010 homeschool parent Reviewed By: Barry S Lehman I was simply amazed at how quickly the slide set arrived. We ordered Thursday afternoon and it arrived at our house early Saturday afternoon, all the way from Montana to Pennsylvania. I was pleased with packaging. The specimen set was well protected and wrapped to prevent damage. The specimens are neatly and well preserved. We will get much use out of this set as we are currently studying protists and small pond life. Thanks again for you caring and speedy service.
- Saturday, May 10, 2008 Special Education Teacher Reviewed By: Jane Haeger This is an excellent selection of prepared slides for a biology class. I teach a self-contained class of sxth, seventh, and eighth grade students with emotional disability. The students were able to use the slides to see real examples of the living things we are learning about. The price was very reasonable.
- Monday, December 24, 2007 Stunning
These slides are extremely well prepared and at an amazing price. I will definitely be getting more slides from home science tools.
- Monday, November 12, 2007 High Quality Bargain Reviewed By: Barbara Morale These are so well made and easy to find the organism on each slide. Great for homeschooling - the boxes are very sturdy for storage.
- Tuesday, October 23, 2007 Good Buy and Fast Shipping
These slides were just what we needed at a reasonable price! They make biology labs so easy. Plus, I could hardly believe it when I received them 2 days after ORDERING! What great turn around. If the need arises, we will definitely order supplies from Home Science Tools again!
- Tuesday, October 10, 2006 Excellent variety and price Reviewed By: Lori Funderburk When you compare this set and it's price to other science suppliers out there, it's a no-brainer. The slides show excellent detail and are well made. The variety crosses the spectrum for your biology course. An excellent set all around!
- Tuesday, September 05, 2006 Fabulous quality and variety
I spent several weeks comparison shopping for prepared slides, and for price and selection this set was the obvious choice... but I hesitated because it seemed almost too good to be true.
I would much rather pay extra and have my children use high quality slides. A slide with no discernible details is essentially useless! However, I decided to trust HST (and the many positive reviews I had seen of their products) - and we have not regretted it for an instant!
This is a marvelous starter set for introductory high school biology - and you cannot beat the price!