Have a geode-breaking party or just enjoy discovering what's inside each one of these natural geodes. You'll get a box of 10 medium-sized 1.5" to 1.75" geodes, which are formed when mineral deposits build up inside volcanic or sedimentary rock "bubbles." Break open these geodes to see what quartz crystals or other interesting mineral deposits are inside! You provide a hammer or rock pick and help for kids. Includes cracking instructions. Ages 10 & up.
Save over 30% with this bulk pack versus buying geodes individually!
- Wednesday, January 30, 2013 To be or not to be? Reviewed By: Chris I purchased these for my kids to explain how crystals form. They are at an age where crystals are extremely exciting and I had hoped to make it a magical experience. To my dismay, only one of the 10 geodes actually had crystals in them. The others were very disappointing. I realize the description indicates not every geode will have crystals, but I would have hoped to have more than one. Overall, this item was a disappointment.
- Thursday, December 13, 2012 Geodes Reviewed By: Donna Harris These were just what I was looking for. My boys like rocks and I got these for their stockings. Can't wait till Christmas for them to crack them open!
- Sunday, January 29, 2012 Daughter's Delight Reviewed By: Kevin My wife and I gave our daughter geodes for Christmas and she has enjoyed breaking them open. In fact she has placed geodes on her upcoming birthday gift list. Thank you for allowing us to bring the excitement of discovery and geology into our home.
- Friday, January 27, 2012 kids loved these! Reviewed By: Jessica I got these for my kids as Christmas gifts. They had a great time cracking them open on the patio. We fully intend to buy more. My only issue with them is we didn't get very many colors or crystals. The crystals we got were mostly clear (though we did get one blue one!) and several of the geodes were just a smooth brown material inside instead of a crystal (not sure what that is?). But they still liked them enough for me to get them again one of these days.
- Thursday, March 17, 2011 Fun Science Reviewed By: VaNessa The geodes were great for my children to gain an interest in geology. It was fun discovering and even more fun cracking them open. Thanks for providing so many things to make science what it should be - fun!
- Saturday, January 22, 2011 Great! Reviewed By: Leeann Our Girl Scout troop had fun breaking these open. The rocks were just as described. Of the ten, one didn't have crystals. But, it really wasn't a problem...the rocks are large enough for everyone to get a sizeable piece with crystals.
- Wednesday, January 05, 2011 Son loves! Reviewed By: Myla My 7year old son loved cracking open these geodes!He found some pretty crystals inside. Not all of them had a hollow inside, but that was the fun part in discovering!!
- Saturday, September 25, 2010 Well worth it! Reviewed By: Karen Guerrero I've purchased these over and over for parties, science club and church events - every age loves them!
- Thursday, August 05, 2010 Unexpected Delight Reviewed By: Gay Brown I never thought I would be buying a bag of rocks for my 7 year old grand-daughter for her birthday. She was thrilled! You would have thought I gave her diamonds. And she informed me, "they're not rocks, Grandma, they're geodes." But this is a girl who chooses dinosaurs over Barbie.