Additional Images Tell A Friend
Crime Scene InvestigationsBy Pam Walker & Elaine Wood. Learn about crime investigation from forensic entomology to writing analysis! Your junior high and high school kids will have fun learning about forensic science while developing their observation and critical thinking skills.
This curriculum study guide includes 31 hands-on activities dealing with life, earth, and physical science topics. Teacher directions, reproducible student worksheets, and answers are included. Teacher preparation and some non-household items are needed. Most of the labs work best with 5-6 people - if you're homeschooling, this is a good curriculum for multiple ages or co-ops. Some labs deal with murder and other violent crimes. 273 pp. Ages 11 & up.
The labs in this book include:
- Casting for Evidence (making and evaluating shoe print impressions)
- I've Got My Eye on You (observing, remembering, and recording events)
- Picking Up the Pieces (analyze fibers like silk and wool)
- The Teeth Will Tell (learn about dental forensics)
- The Thief Who Wore Lipstick (learn about lip print patterns)
- Hair Directory (hair identification of different animal species)