This large digital scale provides 0.01 g sensitivity! It is easier and faster to use than a mechanical balance, which greatly reduces your preparation and lab time. This scale has a 200 g capacity with a very accurate 0.01 g sensitivity. It is ideal for most junior high and high school science courses, including chemistry. It features a 5"-diameter pan, large high-contrast display, backlight, automatic tare feature, keypad calibration, and hinged protective cover. It weighs in grams, ounces, troy-ounces, and pennyweight and includes four AA batteries and a calibration weight. Five-year warranty from Home Science Tools.
Watch our product video to learn more about this balance:
200 g capacity
0.01 g sensitivity
0.03 g repeatability
Pan size is 5" diameter
Weighs in grams, ounces, troy-ounces, and pennyweight
High-contrast display with backlight
Automatic tare feature
Simple keypad calibration
Durable load cell provides years of reliable use
One 100 g calibration mass included
Powered by either 4 AA batteries (included) or AC adapter (not included)
Hinged, locking cover protects the balance when not in use and is also removable
- Wednesday, January 30, 2013 Perfect for us! Reviewed By: Bill C We love this scale for our middle school science fair experiments. No it's not made of titanium. But it is great to have this kind of accuracy -- and a 5 yr warranty -- at a fair price. The large 5" weighing surface and digital display add to the usability of this excellent device.
- Tuesday, January 08, 2013 Very Good Reviewed By: Ethan Gatlin This is a great scale! I love it. It's very accurate and easy to use; not to mention, it came at a very decent price.
- Saturday, July 07, 2012 Excellant Scale Reviewed By: K Meyers This is an excellant scale, a good deal for the price.
- Sunday, January 29, 2012 LOVE THIS SCALE! Reviewed By: Yvonne Griffiths This scale often goes with me to the Chemistry classes I teach for a homeschool coop. The students find it very easy to use. It was well worth the investment--which is why I just got another one!
- Friday, January 27, 2012 Great scale Reviewed By: LB Keller This is a great little scale. It works just the way it says. We had a little trouble keeping the battery door closed. The batteries are so tight between the springs they kept popping out under pressure. We taped the battery compartment door shut and it worked fine. The scale itself was excellent.
- Monday, December 26, 2011 Great scale Reviewed By: Susan Johnson This scale is easy to use and clean up. It can measure down to 0.01 gm too!
- Tuesday, October 04, 2011 Very Good BUT Reviewed By: Jack I like the scale overall, but think it should be noted that the scale(at least the scale I received) has a four centigram threshold before the contact-sensor can recognize the mass it bears. Other than that, scale is actually quite nice with easy calibration. Less than four centigrams begs the use of a milligram scale anyhow, but just thought I'd put it out there.
- Monday, August 15, 2011 Very Good Balance Reviewed By: Steve Lantz Nice fit and finish, user-friendly, and great for science experiments. The customer service was exemplary!
- Saturday, March 26, 2011 Nifty useful Reviewed By: Johnny Thao This digital scale has the accuracy I need to really make my experiments consistent. Fast shipping and fun to use. Simple interface with a lot of functionality.
- Tuesday, August 24, 2010 great scale Reviewed By: Bridget I was very glad to see that the batteries came with it! This scale is easy to use, its precision and accuracy are reliable, and I love the "tare" feature.
- Saturday, April 03, 2010 Love it. Reviewed By: Julie of KY I love my HST balance. I use it all the time with my chemistry students. It has a bigger weighing area than some digital balances which makes it much easier to weigh more chemicals. It also has been very handy to have for our Pinewood Derby cars to get the exact weight.
- Thursday, September 24, 2009 Great scale for the price Reviewed By: Michele I bought this scale for my son's Apologia chemistry lab class. We are very happy with the performance of the scale so far. After shopping around, I think it is the best value overall.