Call us 24/7 at 800-860-6272
or email us
wind turbine kit,
blood type test,
Elements Photographic Card Deck
Experience the periodic table like never before with these visually stunning and information-packed cards. All 118 elements are represented with actual photographs of the elements (or the scientists who discovered them) on the front and scientific data on the back. The large pictures and fun facts-such as where and when the elements were discovered, how they are used, and how they react-work together to make the periodic table fascinating and memorable. Use for flashcards or for interactive learning with the included activity suggestions. Each card is 5" x 5". Ages 13 & up.
- The front of each card has a large photograph of the element, along with its name, atomic symbol, atomic number, and atomic weight.
- The back of each card shows where on the periodic table the element appears and lists atomic weight, density, melting point, boiling point, electronegativity, % in the universe, % in the earth's crust, % in oceans, % in humans, crystal structure, and atomic radius.
- The left side of the card shows a density scale and the right side has a graph showing at what temperature range the element is a solid, liquid, or gas. The bottom of the card shows an electron orbital filling order diagram.
- Each card lists where and when the element was discovered and includes fascinating facts written in an amusing and personable style.
- Several cards explain different periodic table arrangements and encourage you to experiment with them.
- Elements can be sorted by various properties and then fanned out to make a graph showing density, melting point, etc.
- Several activity suggestions are included.
- The cards are durable and come packaged in an attractive box.
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Saturday, March 17, 2012Incomplete productReviewed By: Erin
I love the cards, the details, and all the information on them. I would have given them a 5-star review, except there must have been a packaging error and instead of receiving cards 14 through 34, I received two sets of cards 77 through 97. Makes it tough for studying.
HST adds: That would make studying tough! We're sending you a replacement for this publisher error.