Additional Images Tell A Friend
Fluorescent Mineral KitLearn about fluorescence the fun way—by viewing glow-in-the-dark rocks! This kit comes with six 1.5"-2" mineral specimens that fluoresce under the black light (longwave UV) flashlight that's included. The whole family will be fascinated by these minerals that turn a different color under ultraviolet light! This set comes with a 51-page booklet that explains fluorescence and includes information on fluorescent mineral identification. The additional instruction guide includes four projects and other activities with the black light. You provide some household items for the activities. Ages 10 & up.
Note: UV light is the part of sun light that causes sunburns. Never look directly at UV bulbs and wear UV filtering goggles if using for extended periods.
|Mineral||Color under UV light|
|Resinous coal||blue, green, gold|
- A boxed set of six 1.5"-2" fluorescent mineral specimens
- A 6" black light that emits longwave ultraviolet light
- A pack of 4 AA batteries for the black light
- The Story of Fluorescence booklet
- Our special instructions that teach about ultraviolet light, fluorescent minerals, and include three extra UV light activities