GeoSafari Talking MicroscopeThis GeoSafari talking microscope is a great way to engage young children in scientific observation, while having fun at the same time! They'll spend hours engaged with the microscopic images while the microscope "talks" to them, sharing fun facts about what they're seeing on the slides.
Real microscopes can be frustrating for young children because they require some work to get a specimen focused, and then the kids don't know what they are seeing. The GeoSafari Talking Microscope addresses both these issues.
This scope is easy to use. Push the on/off button, key in the 3-letter slide code on the A, B, and C buttons, press the "facts" or "quiz" button, and put a slide in the microscope. Each time you turn the fact selector dial, the microscope will share an interesting fact about the slide. In the quiz mode, the microscope asks a question about facts learned that can be answered by pressing one of the A, B, or C buttons. Adjust volume by selecting one of the three volume settings.
You get 12 "bug" slides:
a harvester ant, mosquito, black widow spider, blue bottle fly, worker bee & more.
You can also look at other small things like fabric, leaves, and a flower petal. Just place a specimen on the viewing area and push the on/off button for light. You provide three C batteries. Ages 5-8.
The GeoSafari Talking Microscope has received the following awards:
- Kids Out Good Toy Guide Silver Award 2002, Science and Nature
- Family Fun Toy of the Year Finalist 2002
- Best Bet Award 2002 Canadian Toy Testing Council
- Parents Magazine Toy Test Finalist 2002
- Ser Padres Toy of the Year 2002 (Spanish version of Parents Magazine)
- 2003 Educational Toy of the Year Award Nomination - Toy Industry Assoc., Inc.
- "Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children Products 2007"