Home 1000X MicroscopeThis is a great high-power microscope for students or families! It's a deluxe microscope with a 100x oil immersion objective for 1000x magnification, allowing you to see even more cell details than with the standard Home model. You'll be able to see bacteria, the internal structures of microorganisms like algae, and more. This microscope also includes a mechanical stage for precise slide movement, and 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm for better image contrast and resolution. It has the same features and good quality as most biology lab microscopes, but at an unbeatable price! This model includes fluorescent lighting, ideal for viewing live specimens like protozoa. Includes a blue filter and immersion oil. Home Science Tools model, lifetime warranty. Ages 12 & up.
|Now for a limited time: Get a FREE Microscope Starter Set ($25 value) when you order this great microscope! You'll get everything you need to start exploring right away - 6 professionally prepared slides to view immediately, an illustrated guide of what to look for, an optics cleaning kit, and tools to make your own slides.|
When comparison shopping for a microscope, you'll often find nearly identical specifications across different brands. But what you can't tell from the specifications is the microscope's overall quality and reliability. The market is flooded with poorly manufactured, low-cost microscopes that seem like a bargain—until you use them.
The Home Microscope is different. First, it's built to our exacting standards. Next, our skillful quality control specialists inspect and adjust every Home Microscope right here in our U.S. facility, ensuring it works perfectly before we ship it to you. Finally, we back our commitment with a lifetime warranty on this Home Science Tools microscope. While there are added costs to selling microscopes this way, we think it's worth it to offer you an enjoyable-to-use, trouble-free microscope that will last a lifetime. Don’t just take our word for it—see what our customers have to say in the product reviews.
Watch our Home Microscope
video to find out more + see this scope in action!
(Or, for a printable guide to the Home Microscope's features, click here.)
- 10x wide-field inclined eyepiece with 18 mm exit pupil distance
- Monocular 45° inclined head with 360° rotation for convenient viewing
- 4x (0.10 NA), 10x (0.25 NA), 40xR (0.65 NA), and 100xR (1.25 NA) objectives meet DIN standards and are achromatic, parcentered, and parfocaled to prevent color distortion and stay in focus when you switch magnification
- 40x objective is retractable, 100x objective is oil retractable (order extra immersion oil separately)
- Separate fine and coarse focusing with a slip clutch to prevent damage to slides or optics
- Sturdy all-metal rack-and-pinion focusing
- Large 115 x 125 mm stage with an integrated 20 x 60 mm mechanical stage with coaxial x-y controls
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser with spiral focusing
- Adjustable iris diaphragm and swingout filter holder with blue filter
- 5-watt cool, bright fluorescent illumination
- Field of view is 4.5 mm at 40x
- Rugged aluminum frame, stands 15" tall
- Includes operating instructions, a dust cover, blue filter, immersion oil, and a spare light bulb
- A replacement light bulb is available
- Also available with binocular head or as a 5.0 megapixel digital camera
About the Home 1000x Microscope
Quality. The quality of the Home Microscope is exceptional. These microscopes are built to our own unique specifications for safety, mechanical reliability, optical quality, and overall usability. Then each microscope is inspected and tuned by our experienced microscope technician at our US facility before the microscope is shipped to you. This process ensures you'll receive a high-quality, reliable instrument that is working perfectly.
Lighting. The Home Microscope has fluorescent lighting, which is a cooler, brighter illumination than the standard tungsten that most scopes at similar prices have. With fluorescent illumination you'll have more flexibility for viewing greater specimen variety.
Lifetime Warranty. Unlike some of the other educational microscopes you might see online, Home Science Tools guarantees that your Home Microscope will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for the life of the instrument – so if you have any problems, we are happy to repair or replace your microscope immediately.
Value. The Home Microscope was developed with students and homeschool families in mind. You get an easy and enjoyable to use, trouble-free microscope that will last a lifetime. It is possible to find cheaper microscopes, but we are confident that you won't find better value for your money.
Take amazing close-up pictures with your microscope!Get a great deal on a 3.0 Megapixel Digital Camera from Home Science Tools. You'll be able to take high- clarity images of everything you see under your scope. Plus, it's easy to use!
See detailed description >>