Additional Images Tell A Friend
Home Dual-head LED MicroscopeThis microscope is upgraded from the top-rated Home Advanced LED Microscope with a dual-head for teaching or microphotography! The dual-head design rotates 360° and includes two widefield 10x eyepieces, one inclined 30° and one vertical. It includes 4, 10, and 40x achromatic DIN parfocalled and parcentered objectives that provide magnification of 40, 100, and 400x. It features precision fine and coarse focusing, a 115 x 125 mm stage with integrated 20 x 60 mm mechanical stage with low-position coaxial x-y controls, a slip clutch, stage stop, 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser with spiral focusing, Iris diaphragm, swing-out filter holder, 3-watt long-life, bright, cool LED with variable intensity control, and metal frame. The field of view is 4.5 mm at 40x. It includes operating instructions, a dust cover, and spare bulb. 17” tall. Home Science Tools model, lifetime warranty. Ages 10 & up.
When comparison shopping for a microscope, you'll often find nearly identical specifications across different brands. But what you can't tell from the specifications is the microscope's overall quality and reliability. The market is flooded with poorly manufactured, low-cost microscopes that seem like a bargain—until you use them.
The Home Microscope is different. First, it's built to our exacting standards. Next, our skillful quality control specialists inspect and adjust every Home Microscope right here in our U.S. facility, ensuring it works perfectly before we ship it to you. Finally, we back our commitment with a lifetime warranty on this Home Science Tools microscope. While there are added costs to selling microscopes this way, we think it's worth it to offer you an enjoyable-to-use, trouble-free microscope that will last a lifetime. Don’t just take our word for it—see what our customers have to say in the product reviews.
For a printable guide to the Home Microscope's features plus a comparison of this dual-head model, click here >>.
- 10x wide-field inclined eyepiece with 18 mm exit pupil distance
- Dual-head with one 30° inclined eyepiece and one vertical eyepiece with 360° rotation for convenient viewing
- 4x (0.10 NA), 10x (0.25 NA), and 40xR (0.65 NA) objectives meet DIN standards and are achromatic, parcentered, and parfocaled to prevent color distortion and stay in focus when you switch magnification
- 40x objective is retractable
- Separate fine and coarse focusing with a slip clutch to prevent damage to slides or optics
- Sturdy all-metal rack-and-pinion focusing
- 115 x 125 mm stage with integrated 20 x 60 mm mechanical stage with coaxial low-position controls for precise slide movement
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser and iris diaphragm and swing-out filter holder
- 3-watt cool, bright, variable-intensity LED illumination
- Field of view is 4.5 mm at 40x
- Rugged aluminum frame, stands 17" tall
- Includes operating instructions, a dust cover and a spare light bulb
- A replacement LED light bulb is available
- Also available with a binocular head or as a 1.3 megapixel digital camera microscope
About the Home Dual-Head LED Microscope
Quality. The quality of the Home Dual-head LED Microscope is exceptional. These microscopes are built to our own unique specifications for safety, mechanical reliability, optical quality, and overall usability. Then each microscope is inspected and tuned by our experienced microscope technician at our US facility before the microscope is shipped to you. This process ensures you'll receive a high-quality, reliable instrument that is working perfectly.
Lighting. The Home Dual-head Microscope has LED lighting, which is a cooler, brighter illumination than the standard tungsten that most scopes at similar prices have. With variable-intensity LED illumination you'll have more flexibility for viewing greater specimen variety.
Lifetime Warranty. Unlike some of the other educational microscopes you might see online, Home Science Tools guarantees that your Home Microscope will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for the life of the instrument – so if you have any problems, we are happy to repair or replace your microscope immediately.
Value. The Home Microscope was developed with students and homeschool families in mind. You get an easy and enjoyable to use, trouble-free microscope that will last a lifetime. It is possible to find cheaper microscopes, but we are confident that you won't find better value for your money.
Home Microscope Accessories: