Additional Images Tell A Friend
Home LED MicroscopeThe Home LED Microscope is an excellent value! With it, you'll get the same quality and features as other fine high-school-level microscopes, but at a very affordable price. It has the magnification levels needed to see intricate cell details and the optical quality to see them very clearly, giving your students the most benefit from their microscope labs and independent discovery. The Home LED Microscope is also easy to use so students of all ages can enjoy it. The sturdy, reliable mechanical construction of this microscope is designed to withstand the rigor of heavy classroom use and will last a lifetime.
The Home LED Microscope has magnification levels of 40, 100, and 400x, which are standard on the best-quality high school microscopes. Its smoothly-rotating head makes it easy to share one microscope between two or more students. The precision fine and coarse focusing brings specimens into focus quickly and sharply. This 'scope features long-life, variable-intensity LED lighting, which provides a bright field of view and is cool enough for use with live specimens. Ages 8 and up.
When you comparison shop for a microscope, the specifications are usually very similar. But what the specifications can’t tell you is the overall quality and reliability of the microscope. There are plenty of poorly manufactured low-cost microscopes on the market that look like a bargain—until you start using it. The Home LED Microscope is different. First, it is built to our unique, high quality standards. Then our experienced quality control specialists inspect and adjust every Home Microscope in our facility here to ensure it is perfect before we ship it to you. Finally, we back up our top quality commitment with a lifetime warranty on this Home Science Tools microscope. These extra steps do add some extra cost but are well worth it as they ensure you get an enjoyable-to-use, trouble-free microscope that will last a lifetime. Don’t just take our word for this—read the product reviews and see what our customers have to say.
Watch our Home LED Microscope
video to find out more + see this scope in action!
(Or, for a printable guide to the Home Microscope's features, click here.)
- Monocular 45° inclined head with 360° rotation for convenient viewing
- 10x wide-field inclined eyepiece with large 18 mm field of view
- 4x (0.10 NA), 10x (0.25 NA), and 40xR (0.65 NA) objectives meet DIN standards and are achromatic, parcentered, and parfocaled to prevent color distortion and keep the slide in coarse focus as you switch to higher or lower power
- 40x objective is retractable
- Precision fine and coarse focusing with a slip clutch to prevent damage to slides or optics
- Durable and smooth all-metal rack-and-pinion focusing
- 110 x 120 mm stage with spring mounted stage clips, drilled to accept an optional mechanical stage
- NA 0.65 fixed condenser with five-hole disc diaphragm to adjust light levels for optimum resolution
- Cool, bright, adjustable LED illumination with 60,000-hour bulb life
- Specimen field of view is 4.5 mm at 40x
- Rugged aluminum frame stands 15" tall
- Includes operating manual, a dust cover, and a spare light bulb
- A replacement LED light bulb is available
- Also available with an integrated mechanical stage, a spiral-focusing 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser and iris diaphragm plus 1000x magnification or as a 3.0 megapixel digital camera microscope
About the Home LED Microscope
Quality. The quality of the Home Microscope is exceptional. These microscopes are built to our own unique specifications for safety, mechanical reliability, optical quality, and overall usability. Then each microscope is inspected and tuned by our experienced microscope technician at our US facility before the microscope is shipped to you. This process ensures you'll receive a high-quality, reliable instrument that is working perfectly.
Lighting. The Home Microscope has long-life LED lighting, which is a cooler, brighter illumination than the standard tungsten that most microscopes at similar prices have. With variable-intensity LED illumination you'll enjoy more flexibility for viewing greater specimen variety and 60,000-hour bulb life.
Lifetime Warranty. Unlike some of the other educational microscopes you might see online, Home Science Tools guarantees that your Home Microscope will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for the life of the instrument – so if you have any problems, we are happy to repair or replace your microscope immediately.
Value. The Home Microscope was developed with students and homeschool families in mind. You get an easy and enjoyable to use, trouble-free microscope that will last a lifetime. It is possible to find cheaper microscopes, but we are confident that you won't find better value for your money.
Home LED Microscope Accessories: