Insect Exhibit Case 8" x 12"Show off your insect collection with this attractive glass-covered insect exhibit case. It is 1.5" deep on the inside, so you can easily pin beetles, moths, or other insect types with thicker bodies. The bottom of the display case contains a 1/2"-thick white foam board that is ideal for pinning insects without damage. This glass-covered insect exhibit case has plenty of room for multiple large specimens. The display case comes with four pins to keep the case lid securely in place.
The construction of this glass-covered insect display case is similar to the classic Riker mount. The telescoping top is constructed of 0.06” thick cardboard, brown on the inside. A glass panel is securely glued into the top cover. The bottom is constructed of 0.06” thick cardboard, white on the inside. A 1/2”-thick white polyethylene foam liner is glued to the bottom of the display case to securely hold pins. Both the top and bottom are covered with a black embossed leather-look paper. The display case is sturdy and attractive and will look nice in any home or office. An adhesive hanger (not included) can be attached to the back of the case for wall hanging. Interior dimensions of this insect exhibit case are 8” x 12” x 1.5”. Exterior dimensions are about 8.25” x 12.25” x 2.125”.
In addition to pinning insects, specimens of minerals, fossils, seashells or other items can be glued to the white foam liner. This technique can be used to attractively display a variety of specimens in this exhibit case.
Insect Exhibit Case Details
- Riker mount style case has with glass panel in the top
- Top cover lifts off the bottom section provide full access to the case interior for arranging specimens
- Case is constructed of 0.06” thick cardboard covered with attractive black embossed leather-look paper
- Bottom of case has a 1/2"-thick white foam board for pinning insects
- The top can be secured to the bottom of the case with the four pins provided
- Interior dimensions are 8” x 12” x 1.5”
- Exterior dimensions are about 8.25” x 12.25” x 2.125”
Read our Making an Insect Collection article for tips on catching insects and pinning them in display cases.
This case does not come with insect specimens.