Iodine solution (Lugol's) 30 ml
Starch indicator, chemical reagent, and biological stain. Stains carbohydrates in plant and animal specimens brown or blue-black. Stains glycogen red. Aqueous solution of 1.8% iodine and 3.0% potassium iodide.
This solution is water based. Iodine (tincture) commonly available in drug stores is alcohol based and may be unsuitable for some experiments calling for iodine solution.
This iodine is laboratory grade and cannot be used for food or medical purposes.
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Wednesday, January 30, 2013great productReviewed By: amy
Just what I needed for Apologia Chemistry!
- Monday, April 09, 2012Gtreat ProductReviewed By: Cindy Stevens
The right size and the right amount to keep for several students. We used this with TOPS experiements. And for Chemistry with Apologia. Keep in another sealed container though as one student forgot to screw the lid on tight.
- Friday, January 27, 2012GreatReviewed By: UPF
After much searching I found the correct solution.
- Thursday, December 08, 2011Great for "Food Lab"Reviewed By: Leah
Testing for starches has been fun for my kids, and very easy with a drop of this iodine. (Found the lesson in the Teaching Tips section).
- Wednesday, November 16, 2011FinallyReviewed By: Tammy Eiberger
the Right Solution! Read More Reviews