Kids Digital LED Cordless Microscope
Now your kids can take digital photos of everything they see under the microscope!The popular Kids LED Microscope is also available in this highly affordable digital microscope model, ideal for introducing kids to the fun of microphotography. It combines 640 x 480 pixel still and video photography capabilities with bright, fully adjustable LED illumination.
You can easily and quickly swap between the digital camera and regular eyepiece for regular optical viewing. The three glass objective lenses and 10x widefield eyepiece provide magnification levels of 40, 100, and 400x. The bright LED illuminator is powered by a built-in rechargeable battery pack, which means that it can be used without a cord.
This microscope comes with a set of five prepared slides, AC adapter, and complete operating instructions. Home Science Tools model with five-year warranty. Ages 8 & up with adult supervision.
Watch our video to learn more about this great tool:
Kids Digital LED Cordless Microscope Specifications
- Monocular 45° inclined head for convenient viewing
- 10x eyepiece with glass fully-coated optics
- 4x (0.10 NA), 10x (0.25 NA), and 40xR (0.65 NA) objectives are achromatic, parcentered and parfocaled to prevent color distortion and keep the slide in focus as you switch magnification levels
- 40x objective is retractable
- Coarse focusing with an easy-grip knob and a slip clutch to prevent damage to slides or optics
- Rack-and-pinion focusing
- 95 x 95mm stage with clips and stage stop (a mechanical stage cannot be installed)
- NA 0.65 condenser and six-hole disc diaphragm to adjust lighting for best resolution
- Bright, cool 20-watt equivalent LED illumination
- Built-in rechargeable batteries last for up to 15 hours between charges
- AC adapter for continuous power or to recharge the batteries using the integrated charger
- Field of view is 3.5mm at 40x
- Durable metal frame, stands 12" tall
- Includes a set of five prepared slides, operating instructions, and AC adapter
- A replacement light bulb is available
- An ideal elementary microscope for the classroom as well as family use.
Digital Camera Specifications:
- 1/4" CMOS camera
- 480x640 pixels resolution
- Video up to 30 frames/second at 640x480 pixels
- 24-bit color (16.7 million colors)
- Automatic brightness and fine focus
- Includes USB cable to connect the camera directly to your PC
- Imaging software allows viewing, editing, and saving of still and video images
- Minimum computer requirements are 1.0 GHz processor, Windows XP, Vista or 7, 512MB RAM, 1GB hard drive space, USB 2.0 port, and CD-ROM drive (NOTE: Not compatible with Mac)
- Includes a 30mm eyepiece adapter to fit most stereo microscopes
We work directly with select factories in China to have our Home microscopes manufactured to our specifications and quality standards. Over a 10-year period, we evaluated dozens of microscopes looking for the right ones for our customers. After being disappointed again and again with the quality and/or cost, we committed in 2004 to develop our own line of microscopes. Our high standards for mechanical reliability, optical quality, and overall quality control were developed with students and families in mind. While it is possible to find cheaper microscopes, we are confident that you won't find a better-quality one for your money.
Slide Sets to go with the Kids Microscope: