Kids MicroscopeGet a kid-friendly introductory microscope without sacrificing quality! This is a great introductory microscope for kids ages 5-13, allowing them to easily look close-up at leaves, insects, pond life, slides, and more. The achromatic glass optics and sturdy frame make it a valuable educational instrument, far superior to toy microscopes. (It's also a good choice for those who can't spend extra on a microscope like the Home microscope model, and it can be used for high school work in a pinch.)
The three objective lenses and 10x eyepiece provide magnification levels of 40, 100, and 400x. Just take it out of the box, turn on the illuminator, place a prepared slide on the stage, and your kids will immediately be delighted with clear, colorful, detailed images from their microscope.
This microscope comes with a set of five prepared slides, a spare bulb, and complete operating instructions. Home Science Tools model with five-year warranty. Ages 5 & up with adult supervision.
Watch our video to learn more about this great tool:
Product SpecificationsThis Kids Microscope includes the following features:
- Monocular 45° inclined head for convenient viewing
- 10x eyepiece with glass fully-coated optics
- 4x (0.10 NA), 10x (0.25 NA), and 40xR (0.65 NA) objectives are achromatic, parcentered and parfocaled to prevent color distortion and keep the slide in focus as you switch magnification levels
- 40x objective is retractable
- Coarse focusing with an easy-grip knob and a slip clutch to prevent damage to slides or optics
- Rack-and-pinion focusing
- 95 x 95mm stage with clips and stage stop (a mechanical stage cannot be installed)
- NA 0.65 condenser and six-hole disc diaphragm to adjust lighting for best resolution
- 15-watt tungsten illumination
- Field of view is 3.5mm at 40x
- Durable metal frame, stands 12" tall
- Includes a set of five prepared slides, operating instructions, and spare bulb
- A replacement light bulb is available
- An ideal elementary microscope for the classroom as well as family use.
About the Kids Microscope
Quality. This is not a cheap, toy microscope! It features real glass optics and a metal frame. Each Kids microscope is inspected by our in-house quality control specialist, who checks everything from the optics to the mechanics. Nothing that we are not 100% satisfied with will ever be sent to you, so your kids can be sure of getting a good scope right out of the box.
Five-year Warranty. Unlike many other inexpensive microscopes you might see online, Home Science Tools guarantees that your microscope will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for five years. If you have any problems, we are happy to repair or replace your microscope immediately.
We work directly with select factories in China to have our Kids microscopes
manufactured to our specifications, with high standards so your children get a
safe, long-lasting, and fun-to-use scope.