K'Nex Renewable Energy SetLet students learn about real life issues in a practical way with the K'Nex Renewable Energy kit! Using the lesson plans, worksheets, and background information in the Educator's Guide, have students compare and contrast three different alternative energy sources and draw conclusions about how these sources of energy will impact our future.
The topics covered include: solar power, wind power, hydro power, Newton's Laws, energy storage, energy efficient technologies, conservation of energy, and more. Students will build and design working renewable energy models, as well as discuss work, force, motion, and power, plus kinetic and potential energy. Includes instructions for building 9 different models, 550 K'nex pieces, a solar panel, 3 power cords, a capacitor for energy storage, and other building components needed for a full study of wind-, solar-, and water-powered machines. Ages 10 & up.
K'Nex Renewable Energy Key concepts:
- Renewable Energy
- Solar, Wind, and Hydro Power
- Energy Storage
- Electrical Energy Generation
- Energy Efficient Technologies
- Green Energy/Clean Energy
- Force, Motion, Work, and Power
- Reducing Greenhouse Emissions
- Energy: Radiant, Mechanical, and Electrical
- Reducing Dependence on Foreign Energy
- Conservation of Energy
- Kinetic and Potential Energy
- Innovation and Invention
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems
- Newton's Laws
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.