Additional Images Tell A Friend
National Optical DC5-163 Lab Binocular Digital Microscope
Note: This microscope is not available for delivery until after June 21.
The National Optical model DC5-163 is a superb digital binocular-head microscope! Just plug the built-in 3.0 megapixel digital camera into your computer and you are ready to capture, edit, analyze, and manage high-resolution images of specimens.
This package includes the National Optical top-of-the-line model 163 lab-quality binocular microscope with built-in 1/2" CMOS chip digital camera, imaging software, and USB cable. The microscope has superb optics up to 1000x magnification, a comfortable to use binocular head, and super-smooth mechanical movement. The digital camera produces great 2048 x 1536 still image resolution and video images at up to 30 frames per second. Motic Images 2.0 ML Plus software is included to view, capture, edit, record, count, zoom, file, and manage images.
National Optical Model DC5-163; microscope has a lifetime warranty, camera has a one-year warranty. Don't forget to order immersion oil for use with the 100x objective of this microscope. Ages 12-Adult.
Note: This item only ships to a street address in the 50 US states with Economy or Ground shipping.
Drop Shipped: This item is drop shipped from National Optical. The shipping time is usually 2-4 weeks.
- 10x, 18 mm widefield 30° inclined eyepieces with pointer in one eyepiece
- Dual eyepiece diopters with interpupillary adjustment from 54 mm to 76 mm
- Three-position sliding rod directs light 100% to binocular eyepieces, 100% to camera, or 70% to camera and 30% to binocular eyepieces
- 4x (0.10 NA), 10x (0.25 NA), 40xR (0.65NA) and 100xR (1.25 NA) deluxe objectives are DIN achromatic, parcentered, parfocaled, and color coded
- Also available with optional super-high contrast or plan achromatic objectives
- 40xR objective is retractable, 100xR objective is oil retractable
- The reverse position 4-objective turret is ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise changes in magnification
- Coaxial fine and coarse focusing with slip clutch to prevent damage to slides or optics
- Coarse focus has tension adjustment to eliminate stage drift, fine focus is graduated
- Large 140 x 135 mm stage with stage stop and integrated mechanical stage with low-position coaxial x-y controls and 70mm (x) by 50mm (y) movement with graduations of 0.1mm
- Adjustable 1.25 NA Abbe condenser with rack and pinion focusing and an iris diaphragm for contrast control
- Swing-out filter holder with clear blue, green, and yellow contrast filters
- 20-watt, 12-volt extra-bright halogen illumination with a variable rheostat for precise lighting control, works on either 110-volt and 220-volt systems
- Field of view is 4.5mm at 40x and 0.18mm at 1000x
- Working distance ranges from 18.5mm at 40x to 0.06mm at 1000x
- Cast aluminum frame, stands 16" tall
- Includes operating instructions and a dust cover
- Replacement light bulb available
- Lifetime warranty
Camera and Software
- 1/2 inch CMOS camera
- 3.0 megapixel digital resolution
- 2048 x 1536 pixel maximum still image resolution
- Video is 30 frames/second at 640 x 480 pixels, 15 frames/second at 1280 x 1024 pixels, 11 frames/second at 2048 x 1536 pixels
- 24-bit color (16.7 million colors)
- 480 MB/second data transfer
- 3 Lux minimum illumination
- Automatic white balance and back light compensation
- Includes calibration slide
- Powered through included USB cable
- Motic Images 2.0 ML Plus software provides the following functions: image capture, video capture, image measurement, image edit and enhancement, image and file management, distant image sharing, sound recording, image zoom, image amalgamation, and report generating
- Minimum PC and Mac computer compatibility requirements: 1Ghz processor, 512 MB RAM, 128 MB video card, 1 GB hard drive space, Windows XP or Mac OSX or above, USB 2.0 port, and CD-ROM drive
- One-year camera warranty and 90-day software warranty.