Lab Hot Plate with Magnetic StirrerThis economical lab hotplate includes an integrated magnetic stirrer. The dual controls allow you to adjust the hotplate heating surface temperature and the stirring speed independently.
The hot plate heating surface temperature is adjustable up to 250°C (480°F) and reaches maximum temperature in a few minutes. The hot plate has a heating power output of 180 watts—enough to heat 500 ml of water to boiling in about 20 minutes at a low stirring speed. The magnetic stirrer is adjustable from 0 to about 1400 rpm and capable of stirring up to 500 ml liquid volume.
As an added value, this lab hot plate comes with a Teflon-coated stirring bar and a support stand with adjustable thermometer holder. The aluminum plate heating surface is 118 mm x 118 mm — large enough for beakers and flasks up to 1000 ml in size. The support stand extends about 10" above the hot plate surface.
Note: This hot plate is not designed for continuous use that exceeds 8 hours. Use with glassware having a diameter of about 5" or less.
Lab Hot Plate with Magnetic Stirrer Specifications
- Heating power: 180 watts
- Maximum heating plate temperature: 250°C (480°F)
- Stirrer motor power: 10 watts
- Stirring speed: 0-1400 rpm
- Stirring capacity: 500 ml liquid volume maximum
- Maximum continuous use: 8 hours on high heat, 8 hours on half-speed stirring , 4 hours on full speed stirring
- Heating plate dimensions: 118 mm x 118 mm (4.6” x 4.6”)
- Heating plate material: anodized aluminum
- Overall base dimensions (LxWxH): 200 mm x 120 mm x 90 mm
- Height with support stand: about 350 mm (14”)
- On/off power switch
- Heating power variable control with LED indicator
- Magnetic stirrer variable control with LED indicator
- 110 volt, 60 hertz power input
- Home Science Tools one-year limited warranty.