This basic microscope slide-making kit will get you started making and staining your own slides, such as sections of cork or a leaf, smears of cheek cells or bread mold, and more. It includes complete supplies:
- 12 plain glass slides
- 2 concavity glass slides
- 100 slide coverslips
- a slide storage box
- methylene blue (to stain acidic cell parts)
- eosin Y (to stain alkaline cell parts)
- a pipet (dropper)
- full instructions for making wet mount slides
Ages 12 & up.
Eosin Y, 1%, 15 ml
Methylene blue, 1%, 15 ml
Disposable Pipet, 5ml
Basic Slide Set
Basic Slide Set
12 plain slides
2 concavity slides
100 student coverslips
25-slide plastic storage box
Watch our video for tips on finding the best accessories to go with your microscope:
Sort Reviews:Newest | Oldest | Highest Rating | Lowest Rating - Thursday, March 14, 2013 Good set Reviewed By: Simon This is a very helpful set. It even comes with instruction for dying and mounting specimens. Works great for lots of specimens.
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013 Exactly as described Reviewed By: Susan Zipf This is exactly what we needed - thanks for the very quick service.
- Thursday, January 24, 2013 Excellent starter Reviewed By: David Duff Just the right amount of supplies for beginners to microscopy. The inclusion of Eosin and Methylene Blue was key, as many basic experiments require them, but they are not available "over-the-counter."
- Friday, February 24, 2012 Awesomeness! Reviewed By: Elizabeth Very good quality. Shipped quickly with everything included. Comes with the basics so you can make slides! :)
- Thursday, January 13, 2011 Good basic kit Reviewed By: Jen Good basic kit for introduction to slides and microscopy. The kit arrived quickly in perfect condition.
- Thursday, August 19, 2010 Nice microscope kit Reviewed By: Vanessa Nice microscope kit! Everything came in perfect shape. The kit arrived really quickly, took only 2 days. Thank you!
- Monday, January 25, 2010 Great Company!! Reviewed By: Jennifer I recently placed an order for several items including this slide kit. The box arrived quickly and in good condition except that 2 of the blank slides were broken. I called the company and told them and they told me that they were sorry and would replace the broken slides right away and it would ship out the following day. That was last Friday. Today (Monday) the new slides arrived in the mail. I thought it would just be a replacement of the two slides that had broken, but they replaced the ENTIRE KIT!! So I got 12 new blank slides and 2 new concave slides free of charge and on top of that, the company actually refunded the money for the broken slides back to my credit card. This was customer service that went way above and beyond in my opinion. I have dealt with this company in the past, (bought my microscope from them) and I have always been pleased with the quality of the items, the prices and the very fast shipping and care in packaging. I will continue to order from them for a long time in the future. :) This is a top notch company. :)
- Sunday, November 29, 2009 Well Pleased Reviewed By: Randy Product was exactly what I expected arrived FAST and well packaged
- Monday, October 05, 2009 Well Crafted Set Reviewed By: Renee Nicely packed & presented w/ informative insert. My son is 11, so I wanted to find slides that would be safe but not be limiting. These slides include 3 concave , and all are nicely ground on edges & corners. Also comes w/ reusable storage case. The glass slide covers are super thin, & I elected to get a plastic set so he can learn to use handle the plastics, & we'll save these for later. Would be great to include or add slide mounting fluid -something I forgot.
- Sunday, October 04, 2009 Great Kit Reviewed By: David This kit is everything you need for basic slide staining. It is high quality and an excellent value for the money - I am well pleased...
- Saturday, February 21, 2009 Very Useful Product Reviewed By: William This was a very good set at a very reasonable price. It was very helpful in completing my daughter's science fair project.
- Thursday, February 05, 2009 Feel Pro Reviewed By: thenaturalist With this slide making kit, you can feel like a pro. The instructions are so easy, and explicet, the kit itself is undeniably high quality, fun, interesting, and above all an excelent value. For an affordable price, one can easily delve into a new world of smallness, where the invisable come to life!
- Monday, January 05, 2009 quality items
This kit was received with a 1000x microscope I had ordered. I am so glad I thought to get it because after receiving the scope my family wanted to look at everything! Quality merchandise and received in a well packaged box. I definitely recommend it.
- Monday, December 29, 2008 Microscope slide making kit Reviewed By: r. Gable It is a nice little kit which provides exactly what the description lists. I was particularly pleased with the quality of the quality of the plastic box which holds the slides. I gave it to my 10 year old granddaughter. For myself I would have preferred the more complete kit, but for her it is probably just about right.
It was shipped quickly when ordered and arrived in good time for Christmas. I will certainly order from Home Science Tools in the future.
- Friday, October 17, 2008 Slide Making Kit Reviewed By: Deanna I purchased this kit along with the basic elementary prepared slide set. The two kits together are a good solid set for an introduction to the microscopic world. The slides are well-packaged with a good number of cover slides. One of the projects we're using this for is looking at pond water from the top & bottom of the pond and comparing it to aquarium water. If I had been thinking ahead, I would have bought a couple of extra concavity slides because the two in this kit aren't enough for that purpose.
- Monday, October 06, 2008 Microscope Slide Making Kit Reviewed By: DHendrix Great product. Just what we need to complete our labs for Biology. Excellent customer service. Had a couple of slides that were broken during shipping and were immediately replaced!! Hard to find customer service like this anymore! Thank you so much!!
- Sunday, September 07, 2008 Slide Making Kit Reviewed By: Adrianne Thompson Exceptional value. Economical, easy to use. My budding scientist went right to work! Supplies such as these make it much easier to develop a high quality science program at home. I've been ordering from this company for years, and I'm always excited to see the new catalog.
- Wednesday, March 19, 2008 Excellent! Reviewed By: kathy barton Kit was delivered quickly and nicely packaged. Perfect if you're home schooling and teaching children how to make up their own slides. Thanks.
- Saturday, December 15, 2007 Slide Making Kit Reviewed By: Virgil Gibbs A great tool to accompany your microscope. The children use the slides all the time when viewing specimens. A must have for Apologia Biology Course.
- Friday, January 05, 2007 Excellent!
I was very impressed by the speed of delivery of this product. It was neatly packed, and the packer included his name as well, a nice touch. The product itself is very good: everything nicely arranged, with a useful suggestion booklet included. I will certainly reorder from this company in the future.