My First Lab Duo-Scope MicroscopeThis innovative My First Lab Duo-Scope microscope allows you to view both highly-magnified transparent microscope slides and solid objects. The key to this dual-viewing functionality is an LED illumination system that can either provide bottom lighting for slides or top lighting for solid specimens. The result is hours of discovery and fun for your kids.
Don’t confuse this little microscope with a toy: it features all-glass optics and a metal frame, making it durable and very usable. It sits 12” tall, which is the ideal size for kids while still providing a big enough field of view. The bright LED light is powered by three AA batteries, making it a take-anywhere scope indoors or out. A 2-way switch allows you to use either the bottom light or top light. A 6-hole disc diaphragm provides lighting and contrast control when using microscope slides. The three objective lenses and 10x widefield eyepiece provide total microscope magnification levels of 40, 100, and 400x. The large coarse focusing knob is fast and easy to use at 40x and 100x magnification but requires more care at 400x magnification.
This Duo-Scope comes with an accessory kit for hours of discovery (see details below), a dust cover, and complete operating instructions. C&A Scientific My First Lab Model MFL-06 with a one-year warranty. Adult supervision (the accessory kit contains glass and sharp instruments). Ages 5-12.
This microscope is not suitable for high school use due to the coarse focusing limitations at 400x magnification.
- Monocular 45° inclined head for convenient viewing
- 10x wide-field inclined eyepiece with glass optics
- 4x, 10x, and 40xR objectives are achromatic to prevent color distortion
- Coarse focusing with an easy-grip knob
- Rack-and-pinion focusing
- 90 x 90mm stage with clips
- 6x-hole disc diaphragm to adjust lighting for best resolution
- 20-watt-equivalent LED illumination with switch for top or bottom illumination
- Long-life LED bulb is rated for 10,000 hours of use
- Uses three AA batteries (not included)
- Field of view is 3.3mm at 40x
- Metal frame, stands 12" tall
- Accessory kit includes 4 prepared slides, 5 plain slides, a concavity slide, cover glass, red and blue stain, lens paper, plastic forceps, plastic dropper, plastic test tube, plastic petri dish, teasing needle, and slide labels
- Includes operating instructions, and dust cover
- A replacement light bulb is available
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.