National Optical 131 Microscope
Save $35 now!
The National Optical model 131 high-power compound microscope is an outstanding educational microscope. It has set the standard for a high school microscope for many years. It is a student-friendly microscope with all of the most commonly specified features. This high school level microscope is easy to use and provides large, sharp images that will meet the needs of all your students. The excellent DIN optics provide standard magnification levels of 40x, 100x, and 400x. The rugged metal construction with locked-on parts ensures reliable daily use in the classroom or at home. The precision mechanical operation provides smooth, accurate focusing. It is equipped with standard tungsten lighting. National Optical model 131. Lifetime warranty
. Ages 8 & up.
National Optical has a long-standing reputation for providing top-quality, reliable microscopes and the 131 is a popular model. Many high schools are equipped with this microscope. This model is also available with LED lighting. Our Home Microscope has comparable features and quality if you prefer fluorescent lighting.
- 10x widefield inclined eyepiece with pointer
- Monocular 45° inclined head with 360° rotation for convenient viewing
- 4x, 10x, and 40x objectives meet DIN standards and are achromatic, parcentered, & parfocaled to prevent color distortion and stay focused when you switch objectives
- Separate fine and coarse focusing with a slip clutch to prevent damage to slides or optics
- Sturdy, reliable all-metal rack and pinion focusing
- Large 110 x 120mm stage with clips and stage stop (pre-drilled for adding an optional mechanical stage)
- NA 0.65 condenser and five-hole disc diaphragm to adjust light for best resolution
- 20-watt tungsten illumination
- Field of view is 4.5mm at 40x
- Rugged metal frame, stands 15" tall
- Includes operating instructions and a dust cover
- Replacement light bulb available
- National Optical Model 131
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Tuesday, December 25, 2012Great scope! Reviewed By: Teaque
This microscope is a great addition to our high school homeschool classes and comes highly recommended by the curriculum company we are currently using. The students are able to easily use this microscope while still providing quality magnification. It also fits perfectly in the Deluxe Microscope case!
- Monday, January 05, 2009Great Scope!Reviewed By: Denise B
I have purchased four of these microscopes (and am about to purchase a fifth) for a biology class for homeschoolers which I have been teaching for three years. This microscope is sturdy, useful, and easy to use for students who are just getting accustomed to microscopes. The three magnification levels are useful for various specimens. It's important for high school biology students to learn to use a microscope, and this is an ideal scope to purchase. We have not had any problems with these microscopes and anticipate using them for years to come. One great, worthwhile addition is to buy the optional mechanical stage, which is easy to attach and makes searching through slides much easier and more precise.
- Tuesday, January 22, 2008Excellent Homeschool Resource
I admit I was hesitant to go through the expense of buying a microscope for homeschool, but after purchasing this, I can see it was well worth the money. Not only is it useful for completing those necessary lab credits, but when homeschool is through, it can be taken to college and used outside the classroom to give that extra edge in those studies as well. This particular model has excellent clarity, ease of use, and additionally, that pesky worry about crushing the slides (like when I was in high school) is eliminated because this model stops itself before that can ever happen. When used in conjunction with HST's pre-made slides, and accessory kit, your child would have everything they needed to not only keep up with public school students, but also surpass them. And in the competitive college acceptance game, every advantage is worth the cost.
- Wednesday, October 10, 2007Wow!
Wow! I have often thought a microscope would be a nice addition to our school equipment, but it seemed a large expense for a minimal use item. I was wrong. This high quality microscope has transformed our science class! Much to my surprise, we use it with every science lesson. Studying the differences between animal and plant cells -- let's take a look. Which of these plant specimens are vascular? Let's prepare some slides and decide. I should have known studying the genuine article would be much more exciting than any picture in our text or online. This is one tool we will be using every year -- I don't know why we waited so long!
- Thursday, January 04, 2007GREAT MICROSCOPE!!Reviewed By: Melissa Carroll
My children love this microscope. I was a little nervous when I first ordered it, because I was afraid it would not be worth the money. I need not worry! It reminded of the type of microscopes we had in school! A great asset for any homeschooler.Read More Reviews