Additional Images Tell A Friend
National Optical 420 Stereo Zoom Microscope 10-40xThis National Optical model 420 stereo zoom microscope is a top-of-the-line scope with professional features and construction!
This National Optical model 420 stereo zoom microscope is a top-of-the-line scope with professional features and construction! You get superb optics that provide an upright, unreversed three-dimensional image which remains in focus throughout the zoom range. You'll appreciate the convenience and versatility of viewing a large image at 10x magnification and then zooming continuously all the way to close-up detail at 40x magnification, simply by turning the head-mounted knob.
The deluxe stereoscopic head has paired widefield 10x inclined eyepieces and it rotates 360° for viewing ease. Each eyepiece has a diopter to correct for vision differences with your eyes and interpupillary adjustment to perfectly match the distance between your eyes. The objective lens fully adjusts from 1x to 4x by rotating the magnification adjustment knob.
Other features include smooth and solid rack and pinion focusing, slip clutch, tension adjustment, a large stable base, and extra rugged construction. The post-mount design provides ultimate flexibility in how the microscope is used, allowing larger specimens to be placed off the stage. The illumination system has top incidental 15-watt ultra-bright halogen light with directional and rheostat control and a bottom 5-watt cool fluorescent light. Light switches mounted on the base allow you to choose between using top or bottom lighting only or both at the same time. This microscope comes with rubber eyeshields, a dust cover and a user’s manual. National Optical Model 420-430PHF-10, lifetime warranty. Ages 12 & up.
Note: This item only ships to a street address in the 50 US states with Economy or Ground shipping.
Drop Shipped: This item is drop shipped from National Optical. The shipping time is usually 2-4 weeks.
- Paired 10x widefield 45° inclined eyepieces
- Dual diopter adjustments and interpupillary adjustment from 55mm to 75mm to focus for both eyes.
- Fully adjustable 1x-4x zoom objective provides parcentered, parfocalled images from 10 to 40x and every magnification in between.
- All lenses are achromatic to prevent color distortion.
- Field of view ranges from 20mm at 10x to 5mm at 40x.
- Heavy-duty rack and pinion focusing with large dual focusing knobs.
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focus mechanism.
- Tension adjustment eliminates focus “drift”.
- Post-mount design allows specimens to be placed on or off stage.
- Working distance is 79mm and maximum specimen height is 93mm.
- 80mm reversible black/white contrast stage plate; 80mm translucent plate; mounted stage clips.
- Built-in blue filter for bottom light is located under the stage plate.
- Top light is 12-volt, 15-watt halogen bi-pin bulb with directional beam and variable intensity control. Replacement bulb available.
- Bottom light is 110-volt, 5-watt fluorescent for cooler operation. Replacement bulb available.
- Base-mounted light controls permit choice of top only, bottom only, or dual illumination.
- Large, full-size professional frame.
- 13.25" inches tall; extends to 17" for viewing larger specimens.
- Lifetime warranty.
- National Optical Model 420-430PHF-10