Handheld Digital Zoom Microscope National Optical D-EL1
This fun handheld digital zoom microscope has a 1.3 megapixel camera and 10x-200x magnification!
Use it to capture images of large specimens or prepared slides. The D-EL1 scope is designed specifically as an educational tool. It's large and robust enough to withstand use in schools, while still being small enough to be used by younger students. Unlike most hobby digital microscopes of this style, the D-EL1 includes trouble-free Motic Toolbox Eco-Line software, designed for kids to use, which allows them to capture still and time lapse images as well as videos. Students can then use the software to measure, annotate, and edit their captured images.
This handheld microscope provides macro digital magnification from 10x to 50x plus micro digital magnification from 50x to 200x so that you can even view prepared slides. Magnification is determined by the distance between the microscope and the specimen: move the scope closer to increase magnification.
The heart of this hands-on tool is a 1.3 megapixel (MP) digital camera that produces image resolution up to 1280x1024 pixels. Other features include a large focusing control and bright 8-LED illumination. Just connect this handheld digital microscope to your PC with the USB cable, install the software, and you are ready to take and share digital microscopic images.
A metal stand, software and USB cable are all included. This National Optical model D-EL1 digital microscope has a one-year warranty. Ages 10 & up.
D-EL1 Handheld Digital Zoom Microscope Specifications
- Macro magnification of 10x to 50x and micro magnification from 50x to 200x, controlled by the distance from the microscope to the camera
- Digital camera is 1/3" CMOS chip producing up to 1.3 MP with resolution up to 1280 x 1024 pixels — actual resolution is limited by the size of your computer monitor
- Easy-to-use focus control with soft-grip focus wheel
- 8-LED ring illumination with bright, dim, and off control switch
- Power and PC connection is provided through the supplied USB cable; a USB 2.0 connection is required
- Adjustable metal stand holds microscope in position when not hand-held
- Student-designed Motic Toolbox software provides image capture, image management, time lapse photography, video, and image measurement, annotation, and editing
- PC requirements are 1Ghz processor, 1 GB RAM, 128 MB video card, 1 GB hard drive space, Windows XP, Vista or 7, USB 2.0 port, and CD-ROM drive (does not work with Macs)
- One-year limited warranty from National Optical