Additional Images Tell A Friend
Portable Micro Lab BurnerThis lab burner is designed with safety in mind. The stable, tip-resistant burner provides safe, stable operation in many applications. The lever-action igniter and flame adjustment knob ensure you get the controllable flame size you need within seconds. This 3” high laboratory burner can be used with standard support and ring stands. It refills quickly and easily using the fill valve built into the burner base and a standard multi-fill butane fuel cartridge (fuel is not included). Now we include a free special ABS plastic refilling stand ($7 value—see additional images) that holds the burner securely to make refueling easier and safer.
This portable butane micro lab burner holds 30 grams of butane when fully refueled, which burns for 35-60 minutes, depending on flame intensity. The output of this laboratory burner reaches 2500 BTU/hour and it boils a 250 ml beaker of water in about five minutes. It generates a flame temperature of up to 2200°F. Use this portable lab micro burner instead of a Bunsen burner or hot plate.
Buy butane fuel refill cartridges for the portable micro lab burner. Fuel refill cartridges are the same as those used for refilling butane BBQ lighters and kitchen torches and are also available locally at most grocery and hardware stores. This burner works well with our 5” tripod burner stand.
Portable Micro Laboratory Burner Specifications
- Fuel: butane
- Fuel capacity: 30 grams/50 ml
- Maximum burn rate: up to 0.9 grams/minute
- Burn time: about 35 minutes at maximum burn, 60 minutes at half-burn
- Maximum heat output: about 2500 Btu/hour (0.75 kW)
- Maximum temperature: about 1200°C/2200°F
- Ignition: Push-button Piezo
- Unit size: 125 mm (L) x 80 mm (W) x 75 mm (H); 4.9” (L) x 3.1” (W) x 3” (H)
- Unit weight (empty): 400 grams
- Home Science Tools one-year limited warranty
- Includes a free special ABS plastic refilling stand ($7 value)