Robo-Pica 2.0 Robot Kit with C ProgrammingRobo-Pica 2 is an advanced robotics kit designed for people who have previous programming experience. It uses the PIC16F887 microcontroller and C programming language to provide an extensive opportunity to experiment with C language programming, program compilation, program downloading to the microprocessor, and execution of the program through the microprocessor to control the specific actions of the robot.
Robo-Pica is a tracked robot that has two touch sensors and an infrared distance detector. It also has the capability of remote control through IR emitter/detector modules. The kit manual only covers basic operations to get you started: simple movement, speed control, object detection, line following, and remote control. Once you have mastered these basic operations you can begin to experiment with programs of your own design. Ages 13 & up.
- PIC16F887 microcontroller with 8 KB memory, 9 programmable analog I/O ports, and programmable in Basic and C languages (only C language is addressed in the manual)
- USB programmer board with software and user's manual to communicate from your PC to the microcontroller
- USB cable to attach to your PC USB port for programming
- Robot chassis with mounting plates and assembly hardware
- Track drive system
- Two DC motors with gear boxes
- Two touch sensors
- Two infrared emitter/detector modules
- One infrared distance detector
- IR receiver module and remote control for wireless communication and control
- Battery power box (you provide four AA batteries, 1700mAH or higher rechargeable batteries are recommended)
- CD with USB programming software, mikroC basic programming manual with libraries, demo mikroC compiler and 427-page manual, and PIC16F887 microcontroller 288-page datasheet
- Robo-Pica manual, 88 pp.
- Minimum PC requirements are Windows XP, 100 MB hard drive space, UPS port, CD drive, and internet access