The unique snap-together pieces in this electronics kit make it an exciting learning tool that is hard to put down. Your kids can construct 101 different electronic projects, including a touch-controlled lamp, flashlight, musical doorbell, sound controlled switch, and electronic games. But they might enjoy experimenting with the components to build their own designs even more!
This basic Snap Circuits Junior kit has over 30 different electronic components, including three integrated circuits, a photoresistor, switches, a motor, and speaker. The manual includes colored illustrations showing how to build the models. You provide two AA batteries and help for younger children. Ages 8-13.
Snap Circuits Junior has won multiple toy awards, including the 2004 Seal of Approval from the National Parenting Center.
This kit is similar to the Kid Inventor Basic kit, which we sold previously.
Watch our video to see how this kit works:
Clear plastic base grid
29 colored snap-together connectors and electronic chips including whistle, slide, photoresistor, LED, speaker, alarm, and motor.
2 jumper wires
101 fun electronics projects total
An additional student guide with even more educational information is also available.
CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Sort Reviews:Newest | Oldest | Highest Rating | Lowest Rating - Thursday, March 28, 2013 For the curious Reviewed By: Chris P. So glad I ordered this kit! My daughter had been curious lately--wanting to take things apart around the house to see how the circuits worked. I decided that I would rather have her putting things together instead of taking things apart. She loved it! Product is excellent quality with wonderful instructions.
- Tuesday, September 25, 2012 Fun for Boys AND Girls Reviewed By: Jennifer Hunter My young girls got this product as a gift from dad and loved it so much I had to get one for my nephews. They all love to build legos and now they love building circuits!
- Tuesday, August 23, 2011 Learning Fun Reviewed By: Mary Ann Stone I ordered the Snap Circuits Junior 100 Kit from Home Science Tool for my grandson's 10th birthday. The product came in five days, just in time for the party. Tyler loves it. I think he learned more about circuits in one afternoon than I have ever learned.
- Monday, January 17, 2011 AWESOME Reviewed By: HAL My 8 year old son wanted this..and he paid the biggest portion of the cost. He and his 12 year old brother love it and are building all the circuits. They are now planning for how they are going to upgrade to the next set. Home Science Tools is the best!!
- Wednesday, July 14, 2010 best toy ever!!!!:) Reviewed By: Zach.H I love this toy. I just got it yesterday. I have been working on it nonstop. This has sruck my curiousity.
- Friday, June 11, 2010 ElectroGirl Reviewed By: Evangeline Suarez The set is nice and educational and entertaining but does not allow the use of wires and tools. It would be better for learning settings rather than for experimenting.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2009 PERFECT for my little engineer! :) Reviewed By: Heather White My 8 year old has spent hours constructing the different projects in the booklet! He is so proud of each creation! I absolutely LOVE this item. My sons short attention span doesn't hinder him from allowing hours to go by absorbed in every project. You must buy it!!
- Friday, January 23, 2009 Great for learning challenges. Reviewed By: Tonya I have four children that love this. Some of these children have learning challenges such as dyslexia, autism, and red and green color blindess. All of the children can still do this and enjoy it. I worried that the color blind child would have problems, but not so. I warned them ahead of opening the package that the boys would probably like this toy better- not so! The girls like it just as much.
A note, if you can't get the flying disc to work, lift up the grid. The air from underneath gives it the needed lift. This isn't mentioned in the instructions, but my son figured this out and it flew across the room!
- Monday, January 05, 2009 The best for a young inventor Reviewed By: Melissa We purchased this for our 7 year old son for Christmas and it was definitely the best thing under the tree. He spends hours not only following along in the book but also inventing his own machines. I would recommend this to everyone with a child who has a curious nature and loves to create things.We also purchased a book on Thomas Edison and this kit is a way for young inventors to understand the concepts taught safely.
- Sunday, March 30, 2008 definetly a good buy Reviewed By: Kelly Grimes This set is great! All of my kids like it from the 3yr old to the 11yr old. The book is very clear, and the kids get immediate results. I wish now that I had gotten the bigger set,but we will just add on.
- Saturday, March 08, 2008 Wonderful, hands on approach to learning.
My 9-year-old son and I have had a wonderful time with this. The directions are very clear. He assembles the circuits and is rewarded right away with the result. While this is a good introduction, we have enjoyed it so much that I probably would have purchased the larger set giving us even more possibilities than the 101 different ones offered in the accompanying booklet.