Call us 24/7 at 800-860-6272
or email us
wind turbine kit,
blood type test,
Strange Attractor Thinking Putty
This Thinking Putty has super magnetic properties! It's tougher than the thermochromatic kinds, and has a greenish-black metallic shine to it. This is a great way to explore the properties of magnetism. Kids - and adults! - can spend hours discovering unique characteristics of this putty.
You'll get 1/5 lb (3.2 oz) of putty in a metal tin, plus a strong 1/2" neodymium magnet. This product is non-toxic and is safe for those with latex allergies. Made in the USA. Ages 9 & up.
Some activities to do with your Strange Attractor Thinking Putty and a strong magnet:
- Polar Experiment - Hold the side of the magnet with a repelling charge (hold it to the Thinking Putty to find which side doesn't stick) to a "finger" of the putty. If you have a thin enough section of putty, it will move trying to get to the other side of the magnet - the side it's attracted to. Force it to stay facing the repelling side of the magnet, though. In about 5-20 seconds, the Thinking Putty will suddenly stick to the side that was repelling it! The electrons in the putty have realigned themselves so that they can be attracted to the side of the magnet that is facing them.
- Sinking Magnets - Test a magnet and a non-magnetic object of comparable weight, and see which one sinks the fastest into the Thinking Putty. The putty has so strong an attraction to the magnet that it can actually pull it down farther.
CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Thursday, July 29, 2010Great!Reviewed By: Jessica Booton
Great stuff! I got it for my son and he has a great time with it! We're both a little bummed that you have to get special magnets for it though. Magnetix work great.
- Friday, April 03, 2009Would like it to attract betterReviewed By: Bobbi in Colorado
While this putty does have some attraction power, it is weak. For younger children, the wait required to see anything happen pretty much deadens the fun. They do like the putty properties, but prefer the less odorous versions (a bit of recycled tire smell here). However, a child with a bit of patience and a willingness to wait for results can enjoy this attractor putty. Overall, we've enjoyed the other Thinking Putty versions more.
- Friday, March 20, 2009Magnetic PuttyReviewed By: b koellmann
This product has entertained our family for hours. Amazingly, this putty will ooze its way to a nearby magnet. Be aware though, it will take HOURS for the putty to fully envelope the magnet. It doesn't slither like a snake, rather ooze nearly imperceptibly. However, if you check back on it occasionally, you will be surprised to see it has gotten closer and closer over time, and finally cover the magnet! Not only that, it has a pleasing squish and squash putty feeling too. The kids like to just knead it like dough. (Note: Small bits will stick to clothes.)
- Monday, January 05, 2009Strange Attractor PuttyReviewed By: Sarah Webber
This came as a Christmas gift for my 17 y/o son. Here is his review. This slightly stiffer then normal putty provides hours of magnetic fun for me. It is also great for fidgeting and stress relief, plus it won't break like a squeeze ball. So if your a board kid or an angry mom, this is a perfect buy for you.
- Tuesday, May 20, 2008ok could be better
The putty was weak and magnets were only attracted to it a little. As far as silly putty, it performed fine. Pricey for what its capable of.