Swift M3-B Binocular Field MicroscopeThis binocular version of the unique and versatile Swift M3 microscope is designed for students to view both microscopic and macroscopic specimens in the classroom or in the field.
It's easy to use, ruggedly built, and fun to use. And the binocular head makes viewing slides or specimens easier on the eyes! This model has the standard 4x, 10x and 40x objectives you would expect on a high school compound microscope, providing 40x, 100x and 400x magnification for micro viewing. But what really makes it stand out is the 2x objective with above-stage illumination that adds macroscopic viewing at 20x magnification.
There are several other design features for the Swift M3-B microscope that enhance its functionality. The tripod base provides stability on uneven surfaces and the legs fold up for easy storage. The stage is designed with two positions and it includes a black/white stage plate and clear collection/viewing container for macro specimens. The built-in handle makes it easy to carry properly. And then the rechargeable LED illumination provides up to 40 hours use on a single 8 hour charge.
Best of all, you get the Swift Optical quality manufacturing and all-metal internal parts to ensure long life and minimal downtime. It's finished with an acid- and reagent-resistant epoxy-ester resin coating. Includes Swift Optical Instruments 3-year warranty. Ages 12 & up.
Swift M3-B Binocular Field Microscope Specifications
- 10x, 18mm widefield 45° inclined Siedentopf binocular eyepieces
- Left eyepiece diopter with interpupillary adjustment from 55mm to 75mm
- Head that rotates 360°
- 4x (0.10 NA), 10x (0.25 NA) and 40xR (0.65NA) objectives are DIN achromatic, parcentered, parfocaled, and color coded
- 2x macro objective
- Magnification levels are 20x, 40x, 100x, and 400x
- Field of view is 5mm at 40x
- 40xR objective is retractable
- The vertical-position, 4-objective turret is ball-bearing mounted for convenient, smooth, precise changes in magnification
- Precision coaxial fine and coarse focusing with slip clutch to prevent damage to slides or optics
- 100mm-diameter stage with clips and stage stop for micro viewing
- 95mm reversible black/white contrast stage plate
- Fixed 0.65 NA Abbe with sealed iris diaphragm
- Extra-bright, cool LED illumination with switch for either top or bottom illumination; 50,000 hours bulb life
- Rechargeable illumination allows up to 40 hours of use on a single 8 hour charge
- Cast aluminum frame, stands about 15" tall, weighs about 7 lbs.
- Includes microscope, charger, dustcover and instruction manual
- Replacement LED bulb assembly available
- Swift Optical Instruments, Inc. three-year warrant assures that the microscope is guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship.