National Optical DC4-156S Ultimate Digital MicroscopeThe National Optical model DC4-156S is a great digital compound microscope! Just plug the built-in 1.3 megapixel digital camera into your computer and you're ready to capture, edit, analyze, and manage images of your specimens! This package includes a microscope with built-in 1/2" CMOS chip digital camera, imaging software, and USB cable. The microscope has 1000x magnification and extra-bright, 20-watt halogen lighting and rheostat for superb contrast control. The CMOS camera produces an incredible 1.3 megapixel still image at 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution and up to 30 frames per second for video image. Motic Images 2.0 ML Plus software is included to view, capture, edit, record, count, zoom, file, and manage images.
National Optical Model DC4-156S; microscope has a lifetime warranty, camera has a one-year warranty. Don't forget to order immersion oil for use with the 100x objective of this microscope. Ages 12 & up.
Note: This item only ships to a street address in the 50 US states with Economy or Ground shipping.
Drop Shipped: This item is dropped shipped from National Optical. The shipping time is usually 2-4 weeks.
- 10x widefield 45° inclined eyepiece with pointer
- 4x (0.10 NA), 10x (0.25 NA), 40xR (0.65NA) and 100xR (1.25 NA) deluxe objectives are DIN achromatic, parcentered, parfocaled
- 40xR objective is retractable, 100xR objective is oil retractable
- The reverse position 4-hole objective turret is ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise changes in magnification
- Separate fine and coarse focusing with a slip clutch to prevent damage to slides or optics
- Focus tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Large 135 x 135mm stage with stage stop and integrated mechanical stage with low-position coaxial x-y controls
- Adjustable 1.25 Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm for contrast control
- Swing-out filter holder with blue contrast filter
- 20-watt extra-bright halogen illumination with variable for precise lighting control
- Built-in DC power converter operates at 100-220 volt 50/60Hz current
- Field of view is 4.5mm at 40x and 0.18mm at 1000x
- Working distance ranges from 18.5mm at 40x to 0.06mm at 1000x
- Cast aluminum frame, stands 15" tall
- Includes operating instructions and a dust cover
- Replacement light bulb available
- Lifetime warranty
- National Oprical Model DC4-156S
Camera and Software
- 1/2 inch CMOS camera
- 1280x1024 effective pixels and still image resolution (1.3 megapixels)
- 30 frames/second at 640x480 pixels and 10-20 frames/second at 1280x1024 pixels
- 24-bit color (16.7 million colors)
- 480 MB/second data transfer
- 3 lux minimum illumination
- Automatic white balance and back light compensation
- Includes calibration slide
- Includes USB cable to connect the camera directly to your computer
- Motic Images 2.0 ML Plus software provides the following functions: image capture, video capture, image measurement, image edit and enhancement, image and file management, distant image sharing, sound recording, image zoom, image amalgamation, and report generating
- Minimum PC and Mac computer compatibility requirements: 1Ghz processor, 512 MB RAM, 128 MB video card, 1 GB hard drive space, Windows XP or Mac OSX or above, USB 2.0 port, and CD-ROM drive
- One-year camera warranty and 90-day software warranty.