Call us 24/7 at 800-860-6272
or email us
wind turbine kit,
blood type test,
Water Life Slide Set
This is a great collection for marine biology students. Study tiny water organisms with these 12 high-quality microscope slides. Includes a plastic storage box. Ages 12 & up.
This set includes the following slides:
- Bacteria, three types (coccus, rod, and spiral shapes), smear
- Daphnia (crustacean), w.m.
- Desmids (green algae), w.m.
- Diatoms, marine, w.m.
- Elodea or Hydrilla leaf, w.m.
- Euglena, w.m.
- Fish scales, three types (cycloid, ctenoid, and placoid), w.m.
- Hydra, budding, w.m.
- Paramecium caudatum, w.m.
- Planaria (flatworm), w.m.
- Spirogyra (green algae), w.m.
- Volvox (green algae), w.m.
W.m. = whole mount
A note about slide quality:
The microscope slides in this set are hand-prepared by experts, providing you with specimens that are carefully sliced, dyed, and arranged on the slide to give you an optimum view. We work directly with the factory to import these slides, so you'll save a significant amount off the normal retail value.
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Wednesday, February 08, 2012Great priceReviewed By: Edith
- Tuesday, September 23, 2008Great for Zoology
Excellent water life prepared slides. Very interesting and easy to see. We are using Apologia and they go right along with the subjects my kids are studying.
- Friday, May 23, 2008Great Slides
Great Quality- better than others that I have seen! Great to use with Biology!
- Thursday, March 06, 2008Great Slides to Use Along With Pond Study
Excellent assortment of slides for introducing pond studies. Students can look at "still" examples on the prepared slides, then compare those with what they see in pond water slides (using well slides). Set could be improved by adding a Rotifer.